12 Incredible Tiny Houses Are A Must-See
Tiny houses are beginning to pop-up everywhere as people downsize. These tiny houses often measure around 300 square feet but downsizing isn't always about sacrifice.
Those in the tiny house movement have often found that living in a small house makes for a simpler yet more rewarding life, especially if clever thought and innovative design has been input into the process. Smaller houses also enable one to free themselves from rent, mortgages, reduce waste and get close to nature.
1. A 196-square-foot house near Boise, Idaho
Home to Macy Miller and James, their daughter Hazel, and a Great Dane. Macy designed the home from scratch and built it on a 24-foot flatbed. Macy spent about $11,000 on her tiny house and is now able to live rent-free and mortgage-free.
2. 392-square-foot cabin, Canoe Bay resort, Wisconsin
A 28 x 14 foot Park Model RV on wheels. Prices start at $79,900.
3. This micro A-frame costs only $1,200 to construct.
Architect duo David and Jeanie Stiles drafted the plans for this A-frame, which are on sale for $30.
4. A 336-square-foot WeeHouse from Alchemy Architects
Built in 2003 to house a family off the grid on the Minnesota prairie near Lake Pepin.
5. A 300-square-foot studio retreat in Chappaqua, New York
It is nestled between two rock outcroppings.
6. One of 14 tiny cabins at the Blue Moon Rising ecotourism retreat in McHenry, Maryland
Rustic 250-square foot Kaya.